There is an increasing pressure for reducing the environmental footprint of the industrial activities and for slowing down the climate change.
European Union has launched the “European Green Deal” action to boost the efficient use of resources by moving to a clean, circular economy in order to make the EU's economy sustainable. Previous projects and research efforts are mainly focused on eco-design tools and methodologies, such as life cycle assessment and others.
However, other important dimensions of sustainability such as the economy and the society are not given adequate attention. Sustainability requires an even economy development that respects and promotes equal opportunities. Small and medium-sized enterprises are the backbone of the EU’s economy, and the size of most footwear enterprises is small and/or very small. It is essential to strengthen them through activities that are in line with EU initiatives (e.g., “An economy that works for people”) that foster social fairness and prosperity.
What will we achieve by
implementing the project?
In this context, the SHOEDES objectives are:
The project generally comprises a set of implementation activities that will materialise the project objectives, through the delivering of educational material in the form of reports, MOOC (Massive Open Online Course), Book of Lectures and new career and business models.
It will include research and validating activities, a set of multiplier events for dissemination, and intensive training workshops for the validation of the results. Project results and other outcomes:
- A transnational report that will identify and analyse the characteristics of footwear design in terms of the three pillars of sustainability
- A new framework for career guidelines and paths for sustainable footwear design
- A MOOC on “Footwear Design for the Circular Economy”.
- A Book with lectures on “Footwear Design for the Circular Economy”.
- New and innovative business / entrepreneurship model based on footwear design for the circular economy.
- Design-challenge competition in all partner countries for the design of footwear for the circular economy.
- Intensive training and Workshops in all partners countries.
- Multiplier event for disseminating in all countries